Today, Android is one of the most popular mobile operating systems in the world. Many aspiring developers are willing to learn to program and creating apps on Android.
This article features the list of top 7 online Android app development tutorials and courses. This tutorial will help aspiring Android developers to learn to program and develop apps for Android devices.
7 Best Android App Development Tutorials and Courses
With 120,000+ enrolments, this is one of the most popular Android app development course. Among all the enrolments, around 22,000+ have rated it 4.4/5.0.
Two masters of web app development, Rob Percival and Marc Stock are the tutors of this amazing course. They have taught around 51K+ students.
Rob has a degree in mathematics from the University of Cambridge while Marc has an experience of over a decade to build Android apps.
- A deeper understanding of Java, Maps, Android features, and GPS-location.
- Learn to build clones of popular apps like Uber, Twitter, and more.
- Android wear mini-course included.
- 36 hours of video content, 47 Supplement, 106 articles.
If you’re looking forward to a tutorial that offers you to build a fully-functional Android app in Kotlin, then this is the right place for you. Here, you’ll also learn to send your apps to the Play Store.
Trainer Mark Price helps his students through videos, quizzes, and assignments to learn to program in Android.
- Learn to build apps in Kotlin from scratch and learn all the aspects in a step by step manner.
- Learn concepts from beginners to advance level.
- Learn to build award-winning apps.
Android app development is one of the most in-demand careers in the world. Udacity’s Nano Degree program will help you to reach your full potential in the area of Android app development.
In the first step, they’ll show you how to create apps and publish them on the Play Store. Then in the next step, you’ll learn about building cloud-connected applications.
The course offers an amazing blend of theory + practical knowledge. After finishing this course, you’ll become an Android developer without any prior knowledge of Android.
- This course is good for a developer who has prior experience in Java or any other object-oriented language.
- You’ll be able to create a complete user experience and create a responsive UI.
- More practice compared to other courses.
- Additional resources are available for better understanding.
This is one of those courses on Udemy which offers Android app development in Kotlin with the Oreo version of Android. The training mainly aims to make you an expert in Oreo Kotlin.
Trainers Jean-Paul Roberts, who is a computer programmer, teacher, and analyst and Tim Buchalka, who is an expert Python, Android, and Java developer, are renowned in teaching mobile app development.
- This course will help you build applications in Android Oreo.
- Trainers are known to resolve any query almost instantly.
- 32.5 hours of video content with life-time access.
This specialization or course is designed for an individual to learn the art of developing end-to-end web and mobile applications. In the first phase, you’ll learn about Angular and Bootstrap 4.
Then you’ll learn about server-side language, Node JS along the implementation of NoSQL with MongoDB. To make the most out of the course, it is recommended to follow the sequence of it.
- It is an intermediate level Android app development course; hence, it is ideal for people having experience in CSS and SQL.
- You will be allowed to implement the knowledge gained by putting the concepts learned in developing apps.
- The course is divided into five sections with difficulty ranging from intermediate to advance.
Stephen Grinder, a web and mobile app development expert, is the tutor of this Udemy course. He has mentored and taught over 190,000 professionals so far.
After finishing this course, you’ll be able to develop apps in both iOS and Android from scratch. One of the best reasons why you should opt for his course is because he explains some of the most complex concepts in simple language.
- After finishing this course, you’ll be able to create native-like apps in both iOS and Android.
- You’ll also learn how to deploy these apps in both the Play Store and App Store.
- It also teaches you to handle HTTP requests to React Native.
- It provides you full-time access to his 16.5 hours of video content and 6 articles.
It is a formal Java and Android learning course, where you’ll learn to formulate solutions that are well defined to the problems and implement them using Java.
By the end of this course, you’ll get a step closer to become an Android app developer. Since it is a beginner level course, people with no prior knowledge in Java can also enroll for it.
- You’ll be able to adapt to the Java Development environment quite effectively. You’ll also develop testing and debugging skills.
- Learn to work with event-driven programming paradigm, develop GUI, and implement asynchronized tasks.
- You’ll be able to build apps and add features to your portfolio.
- It is rated 4.5/5.0 stars.
1) How do I get a Google Developer certification?
To get a Google Developer certification, you need to visit the Google Developer Certification website and enroll for the exam, which costs $149. You can take the exam whenever you want. You’ll receive a certificate as soon as you pass the exam.
2) How long does it take to become Google certified?
Usually, it takes around 22 hours in total. The level 1 training takes 12 hours whereas a level 2 training takes around 10 hours. Once you’re done with both the levels you’ll become a Google certified trainer.
3) Can I learn Android without knowing Java?
No. There is no way you can learn programming in Android without the knowledge of Java.
4) Which programming language is best for Android?
Java is the oldest and most popular language for Android app development. However, nowadays, Kotlin is taking over traditional Java, which used to drive Android programming.