Though the concept is similar for all eCommerce businesses, they are unique and different in many ways such as the type of product they sell, business nature, number of SKUs – Stock Keeping Units they deal with, and a number of channels cater to.
What are your ways to address all the unique and different needs of your business? Are you managing it manually? Do you use different software to manage various activities?
If you are following the exact work approaches that I have mentioned earlier, then I guess you are not aware of Product Information Management (PIM) software. Are you?
Let’s start with the definition.
What is Product Information Management (PIM)?
PIM is a centralized repository of essential product information that enables you with a real-time, precise, and full view of our product along with other data related to it.
The Product Information Management system is popular as a Product Resource Management (PRM) System and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system. It allows you to expand your product offerings, move into a new sales channel, keep all the product information up-to-date with extensive accuracy, analyze sales and marketing metrics, and boost the revenue stream.
I guess now you have better clarity about the capabilities and benefits of the PIM system and how it helps you to bring your eCommerce business to the next level.
How to Choose A Right Product Information Management Solution for Your Business?
Well, if you are new to product information management, then it will be tough for you to choose a reliable PIM platform. There are a lot of PIM solutions offered by so many companies but you need to find the right match for your business needs.
Moreover, you need to make sure the platform you are selecting is compatible with the latest PIM trends or not. We understand, it seems challenging.
In this post, we are going to unlock the top 11 Product Information Management platforms that help you in managing our product data and gain better insights about sales and marketing efforts.
Most of the PIM solutions are expensive as they come with licensing costs and of course you need pay to develop custom features and functionality.
All the PIM solutions listed here have different features, functionality, and capabilities to address the same purpose and that is effective product information management. So, are you ready to take a ride and make the best suit for your business?
11 Best PIM Platforms that you should consider for effective Product Information Management
Pimcore is an open-source platform and available at zero licensing cost.
Offering a combination of experience manager and data management, Pimcore helps your sales and marketing team in creating contextual and compelling web content by breaking up the data in silos.
It’s an ecosystem that enables you with consolidated product data and digital assets to attain optimal user experience across the website, mobile, and eCommerce store. It can manage, integrate, and consolidate any amount and any type of product data.
PIM platform of Pimcore allows you to harmonize and centralize all your technical and marketing product information by permitting you to promote high-quality user experience across all customer touchpoints and deliver data to the output channels.
- Data Modeling
- Workflow Management
- Data Management
- Data Quality and Semantics
- Data Integration and Data Delivery
- Multi-Domain and Multi-Vector
- Create a new product data model quickly with the help of web-based data modeling engine
- Monitor and maintain the quality of product information using data validation
- Organize, aggregate, classified, and translate the product information through the flexible and agile product data model
- Define editorial workflows and business processes using robust workflow management
- Enterprise-class data governance and quality.
Akeneo is an open-source PIM system that is designed to address the multichannel needs of brands and retailers. Based on Symphony, the platform is highly customizable and extendable. It allows you to integrate your third-party software, import the data from excel or CSV file, and on-board your suppliers to get an exclusive view of all the imports.
It consists of an extensible import engine that streamlines data on-boarding from the virtual sources. You can organize and classify the product without using the tabular method. It allows you to translate your product information in multiple languages, complete the product sheet, keep track of any modification, add media files, define data attributes, and more.
- Data Organization & Classification
- Data Enrichment
- Data Import and Export
- Rule Engine
- Validation Workflow
- Advanced Rights Management
- Data Quality Review, and more…
- Store and manage all kinds of data including videos, files, images, and product data asset manager
- Allows to check the previous versions with “History Version Reverse”
- Advanced security standard by defining the right for company’s internal and external resources
EnterWorks create differentiated customer experiences using Product Information Management and Master Data Management solutions. It’s a comprehensive solution that aggregates the product data from the different sources and manages them in a centralized repository. The platform offers you a 360 degree PIM system that allows for data onboarding, synchronizing, cleansing, and publishing.
- Dynamic Data Modeling
- Digital Channel Accelerator
- Geographic Localization
- Workflow and collaboration
- Constituent Content Exchange
- Digital Asset Management
- Data syndication and publishing
- Store, manage and categorize the digital assets
- Update and syndicate product information to different channels
- With the help of digital channel accelerators, you can reach multiple touchpoints, social networks, and market places
- Simple drag and drop user interface easily manage the content and complex business processes
- Leverage third-party software integration
- Establish a powerful collaboration between internal, external, business, and technical users
4. Agility Multichannel
Agility contains the Product Information Management and Master Data Management capabilities to manage the data in a centralized repository and have a consolidated view of it. It allows the brand to deliver the right content in the right content to the right customer at the right time.
Using the dynamic workflow of the Agility PIM, you can leverage smooth collaboration. The platform allows to streamline processes for content enrichment, data aggregation, and data syndication to multiple channels. Data validation allows to syndicate accurate content to the multiple channels.
- Product Information Intelligence
- Data Modeling and Manipulation
- Data Quality Control
- Business Intelligence
- Data Quality Support
- Data Integration
- Agility Modular Interface and more…
- Harmonize the process of product information sourcing, syndication, and enrichment to multiple channels
- Allows expanding product SKUs and ranges rapidly
- Enable you with real-time performance analytics of brand and product range
- Help in creating contextualized content for different channels
PIMworks is an advanced product experience management platform that helps retail businesses and brands to create and deliver personalized shopping experiences. It manages all the product information in a centralized location to simplify the syndication of the data.
By offering workflow management, it also provides an effective collaboration platform for your team, vendors, and other internal as well as external resources.
- Documentation Management
- Digital Asset Management
- Record Management
- Data and Information Management
- Establish a powerful collaboration with your internal team and vendors by creating a new workflow
- With the help of ready-made templates, you can ensure compliance with varied channel guidelines
- Collect the product information from different sources and manage them in a centralized repository
- Product data onboarding allows you to expand the sales channel quickly
- Harness the potential of data enrichment to create rich product experiences
- Leverage data syndication to different channels
Salsify helps the brand in creating and delivering digital experiences by offering Product Information Management and Digital Asset Management solutions. It allows to manage the content in a centralized location to help the companies understand the customer’s journey and provide an insight about what they need to do to achieve better results.
Allowing to create an advanced workflow, Salsify can improve the time-to-market of the product and increase sales. The platform offers a 30-days free trial so that you can check and try the product before purchasing it.
- Product Information Management
- Product Content Creation and Publication
- Content Collaboration and Syndication
- Content Onboarding and Optimization
- Content Readiness and Analytics
- Digital Asset Management
- Digital Product Catalog and more…
- Manage all the product content in a centralized location
- Enabling with actionable analytics, the platform allows you to monitor the market changes and accordingly respond to the changing business needs
- Import digital assets and product information from multiple sources to meet the channel requirements
- Leverage content syndication in the right format to multiple channels
inRiver offers flexible and scalable PIM software. It is a Software-as-a-Service platform that contains four core applications within the software: Plan, Supply, Release, and Enrich. inRiver supplied the data to the PIM platform from your existing third party software such as Product Lifecycle Management and ERP.
Using the data, you can create engaging product descriptions and push it to any of your sales channels including e-catalog, print catalog, eCommerce store, and more.
- Content Planning and Publishing
- Multichannel Sales Management
- Product Information Updates
- Backend Data Source Integration
- Catalog Production & Management
- Product Creation Template
- Improve time to market by connecting with your sales channels and data source in order to push the product information rapidly
- Easy to connect the software with multiple sales channels, collect the data from all customer touchpoints and get unified marketing information
- Create compelling product stories
- Deliver an optimized shopping experience to the customers
Infroamtica has a flexible and scalable Product Information Management solution. It allows businesses to have efficient collaboration between internal and external resources.
Moreover, you can leverage the seamless management of complex product information and digital assets regardless of the format. Infromatica ensures the enrichment and standardization of product information by providing automated data quality checks.
- Omnichannel Commerce
- Business Process Management
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Information Audit Trials
- Roles & Permissions
- On-premises and Cloud-based Deployment
- Digital Asset Management
- Boosted product information quality due to automated data quality check
- Centralized management of complex product information and digital asset
- The embedded self-service portal allows for superior supplier collaboration
Plytix is an easy to use and intuitive PIM solution that allows businesses to manage product experience across different channels. Moreover, you can create a customized and error-prone product catalog using the software.
It contains product analytics that help marketing teams to make the informed decision about product promotions. Moreover, it allows B2B businesses to create the product catalog and sell the product effectively.
- E-Catalog Online Content Management Platform
- Variation Handling
- Product Performance Analytics
- Build Editing Capabilities
- Product Performance Analytics
- Custom Data Outputs
- User Access Permission and more…
- The PIM solution is useful to both B2B and B2C businesses
- Quick syndication of optimized and contextual content
- Edit the product labels with the help of Edit on the Fly feature
- Multiple users can work on a single data at the same time
- Product level metrics gather data from all channels and analyze them to enable you with profound insights
10. Stibo Systems
Stibo Systems offers Product MDM that allows businesses to acquire, manage, and share the product data across the organization. It allows to manage all the product data in a single place. Moreover, Product MDM allows you to share the content with your targeted customers in real-time. To maintain the operational integrity and efficiency, the PIM solution of Stibo offers data governance protocols.
- Localized Data
- Asset Sharing
- Products and Digital Assets Linking
- Asset Preview
- Streamlined Digital Assets Approval/Review
- User roles based configuration for data modeling, business rules, and workflows.
- Effective and centralized management of master records such as versioning, validation, structure, hierarchy, approvals, and master data enrichment
- Allows to configure business processes of content creation, approval, publishing, and maintenance
- Data consolidation from multiple sources and metadata set up
11. Riversand PIM
Riversand enables the business with an enterprise-class PIM solution that allows brands to manage, review, and govern product information from a centralized repository. It also allows you to build an efficient and collaborative supply chain and speed up the launch of your product to the market. For the faster on-boarding of product content, you can use March & Merge features of the Riversand PIM software.
- Supplier Onboarding Platform
- Robust Data Quality & Approval Engine
- Product Information Synchronization across Third-party Software
- Streamlined and Optimized the New Product Introduction
- New Product Introduction and Old Product Update Workflows
- Product Updates through Dynamic Governance and more…
- Faster product onboarding by pairing them with the right digital assets
- Create a product catalog using a match and merge feature
- Integrate and synchronize the product information from multiple channels to build a collaborative and visible digital supply chain
- Customized recommendation and personalized product content
Too much information. Isn’t it?
You might be confused about what to choose and what to avoid.
Well, Credneus helping startups to large scale organizations in developing an ultimate product information management solution harnessing the potential of Pimcore. Utilizing a whole range of Pimcore development services as well the advanced features and functionality of the platform, we helped organizations to
- Store and manage their product data in a centralized repository
- Collect and syndicate the data from a different platform
- Analyze customer behavior, interests, and preferences
- Deliver the right content in the right content to the right customer at the right time, and more…
Are you ready to rock in eCommerce business space with Pimcore? Let’s connect to build a next-generation PIM solution for you.
Frequently Asked Questions on Product Information Management
What is PIM in business?
Product Information Management (PIM) allows businesses to manage product data that help to sell and promote the products on different distribution channels. PIM solution allows for media independent and centralized data maintenance. It also performs data collection, management, output, and refinement efficiently.
What is a PIM software used for?
The PIM software allows to manage all the product data in a single location and enable businesses with a consolidated view of the product information by collecting the data from different sources and analyzing them effectively.
Why do you need a PIM?
The PIM solution improves data quality as well as allows to govern data usage and access. It is scalable enough to allow you to expand your portfolio as your business grows. It also helps you to respond quickly to the frequently changing market conduction.
What is a PIM solution?
PIM solution allows businesses to create a product catalog, collect, manage, and enrich their product information at a single place, and distribute it across the different eCommerce and sales channels.