Cross Platform App Development: A Business Booster Technology for You!
‘I want to develop a iOS mobile app.’ This is all you want from a mobile app development company. Correct? Most of the entrepreneurs approach the app development firms with a concept. They are not clear about what type of application they want with which features, functionalities, technologies, platforms, and more. It’s so obvious as that’s not your job.
But a little bit knowledge about trending mobility technologies helps in making smart business decisions. In this blog post, we would like to share some key considerations to adopt Cross-Platform technologies over iOS and Android development.
Cross Platform App Development Buzzing Around!
It’s a budget and time friendly technology. Cross-Platform allows you to develop a single app that runs seamlessly on both the leading iOS and Android platforms with minimal code changes. There are several misperceptions about the cross-platforms like the apps are less reliable, less user-friendly in terms of design and difficult to update. Due to consistent evolution, cross-platform offers native-like performance for different mobility platforms and different device sizes and resolutions.
Types of Cross platform Mobile App Development
Both the operating systems use their own tech stack and software development kits (SDKs) to build high performing native iOS apps. Android uses Java as their development technology. On the other hand, iOS uses Objective-C and Swift for app creation.
To address the differences of iOS and Android platforms, developers have to create an API that works as a middleman between OSs and code base. They can develop native cross-platform applications with the help of third-party vendors who offer an integrated development environment (IDE). This environment is specifically designed for native cross-platform programming.
Native vs. Cross-Platform: How To Make A Smart Decision?
- Enhanced Usability: Native iOS apps are seamlessly integrated into the mobility platforms for which they are created. It offers familiar interface, user retention, and positive user experience.
- Optimized App Visibility: Native iOS apps usually get high recommendations due to amazing experiences. So native apps have prime visibility on App Store or Play Store.
- Best for Data-Driven Apps: Native mobility platforms are highly recommended for the app that requires an extensive data processing, runs a heavy amount of data such as media (images, animation, videos, etc.) & needs a lot of interaction.
- Flawless Performance: Native iOS app works seamlessly on their respective mobility platforms. It can be customized as per user preferences. It gives a feeling that the app is truly an integrated part of the device.
- Longer Development Time: It is too much time consuming as developers need to create a separate app for different mobile platforms.
- Required Specific Skill Set: Highly skilled developers and different teams develop separate mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Increased Project Cost: Development of separate app requires more resources and time. Ultimately, it will increase the cost of mobile app development.
- Code Reusability: As single code is used across the different platforms, cross platform development is comparatively quicker then Native development. Save time on platform customization and code rewriting.
- One Team for Communication: Same code runs across various platforms, so need one team to develop the code and deploy it across the different mobility platforms. Less resources equal to cost-effective development process and deployment.
- Maximized Profit: Along with improved time-to-market and reduced cost, cross platform development helps businesses connect with the wider target audience.
- Quicker Updates: Either it’s an initial launch of the app or subsequent updates, cross platform development rolled out all the updates and changes simultaneously on all the platforms.
- Performance: It delivers native-like performance that is not as seamless as Native.
Limited Scopes of Customization: It doesn’t adopt the customization that users have made in their devices.
Why Should Cross-Platform Be Your Next Choice?
Leverage Cost Effective solutions
Cross-Platform mobile development reduces the cost of hiring developers. Unlike, Native iOS apps hybrid apps reduces hiring cost of iOS and Android developers because here we need only one team to build a mobile app that runs effectively on both OSs.
Businesses can now deploy their product faster than ever. Delivering products more swiftly than the competitors can improve consumer engagement. With cross platform app development tools, the app development process becomes faster. As it uses a single code base, it can work seamlessly on leading mobility platform.
Maximum Output through Minimum Efforts
Mobile app development process has become much easier, reliable and faster. With the evolution of the cross platform mobile development tools like React native, Ionic, Xamarin, etc. the development efforts have been reduced. These platforms have richer libraries and better default functions which makes it easier for a developer to give better outputs with minimum efforts.
Cross-Platform iOS apps help us bring more creativity and efficiency at the same time. It makes the design more efficient because of its uniformity. Developers now do not have to create separate UI for different mobility platforms. They can reuse 90% of the code and create both Android and iOS apps simultaneously.
Wider User Reach
Businesses can increase their customer reach with the help of cross-platform apps. Developing a single app, businesses can reach out to iOS and Android users. Enabling them interactive and intuitive user experience they can engage the target audience for the long-term.
Cross Platform Development Tools
Microsoft first developed Xamarin. Xamarin app development is known for Rapid Mobile App Development (RMAD). It uses C# for programming which is one of the most modern programming languages. With advance code sharing, we can reuse the majority of the code and create apps for Android and iOS simultaneously. The best part of Xamarin is Xamarin Component Store. It improves the accessibility of the Xamarin developers as they can use any components of their choice.
The most significant advantage of building Kony based apps is that it has one of the fastest development processes. It has over a hundred pre-coded modules which make it easy for developers to code faster. Also, there is a bunch of default APIs available for User Interface. We can easily modify them and make our app look great.
Cross Platform mobile development is currently buzzing around the world. It has changed the way businesses used to operate. It has reduced the cost of mobile app development in every industry. It has not only reduced the development cost but also reduced maintenance efforts and cost. Cross Platform app development has made app marketing better than ever. Want to take your business sky high? Hire dedicated developers now to make your dream come true. Have any further questions? Get in Touch with our industry experts now to unveil the best service.