iOS Software Development Kit – All You Need to Know
IOS SDK is a iOS software development kit developed by the Apple Inc, to develop native applications for IOS. An IOS uses XNU (an operating system kernel that apple inc. acquired and developed for the use in the Mac OS X Operating System) which used for developing on IOS is also based on X code.
The SDK are broken into the following Sets:
Multi-touch Events & control
It is a touch sensing surface’s ability to recognize the presence of two & more point of contacts with the surface.
The functionality of Multi Touch is pinch to zoom, activating predefined programs
- Accelerometer Support
- View Hierarchy
Localization & Internationalization are means of adapting computer software to different languages, Regional differences and technical requirements of a target market.
Internationalization is the process of designing a software application so that it can be adapted to various regions & languages.
Localization is the process of adapting internationalized software for a specific region or language by adding local specific component & translating the text.
- Camera Support
- Web View
- Image Picker
- People Picker
Open AL (Open Audio Library) is a cross platform audio application programming interface. It is designed for efficient rendering of multi channel three dimensional positional Audio.
OpenGL is encoded in to source objects, Audio Buffers and single listener.
- Source objects contain a pointer to a buffer, the velocity, position and direction of the sound. The listener object contains the velocity, position & direction of the listener.
- Buffer contains audio data in Pulse code modulation format.
- In Open AL application, sounds behave quite naturally as the user moves through the three-dimensional space of the virtual world.
- It has two subsections of APIs the core consisting of the actual Open AL function calls, and the ALC (Audio Library Context)
Audio Mixing & recording
- As the name suggests this API has the function of audio mixing process of multiple recorded sound and combined into one or more channels.
- Video Playback
- Image file Formats
- It is basically a graphic layer which refers to a pair of OS X technologies; it includes both a 2D renderer in Core Graphics and the composition engine that sends instructions to the graphics card.
- Core Animation is the data visualization API used by IOS produced animated user interfaces.
- Core animation can animate any visual element and it provides a unified way of accessing core image, core video and other quartz technologies. Core animation can be accelerated by the Graphical Processor (GPU).
- It means core animation has the all the functionality of image, video & Quartz technologies. These functions clubbed in core animation and used by developers.
OPEN GL ES
- It stands for OPEN GL for embedded System. Open GL (Open Graphic Library) is a cross language, multi platform API for rendering 2D and 3D computer Graphics. The API typically used to interact with GPU, to accelerate hardware accelerated rendering.